3D on the web with Three.js
Workshop — 2022-03-09
Location: K.02.04 — 14:00-17:00
The web is no longer just a place for images and video but, thanks to WebGL and Three.js, can become a full-blown 3D metaverse. Even adding a little 3D to your website can make a big impact!
We'll begin with a showcase of what is possible with 3D on the web. We'll then learn how to build a 3D-enabled website from scratch; working with models, lights, cameras; playing with animation and interactivity; learning about materials; and integrating it into a website.
- Understand the possibilities and limitations of 3D on the web.
- Build simple scenes with objects, lights and cameras.
- Integrate a 3D scene with your page using scrolling techniques.
Get a recap of the basics in the official Three.js documentation.
- The ultimate resource for learning Three.js is Bruno Simon's amazing Three.js journey.
- Look at the projects on the Three.js homepage and get inspired!