Awesome 3D with Blender
Workshop — 2022-02-16
Location: K.02.04 — 14:00-17:00
Blender is an open-source application for creating 3D animation that is conquering the world: it's used in movies, animations, games, ... It's fast, has a built-in production quality renderer, and can be used to model traditionally, using virtual clay, as a 2D animation tool, or create complex environments using procedural geometry.
Even though it has improved it can be a bit tricky to get started with. This workshop is a starting point for people wanting to dive into Blender. It's aimed at total beginners, showing how to navigate the scene, create simple objects, and learn about lighting, rendering, animation and some more advanced features such as procedural geometry.
- Understand the possibilities and limitations of Blender.
- Build simple scenes with objects, lights and cameras.
- Create a keyframe animation to put elements into motion.
This course is for beginners and intermediate students who have no, or very limited, experience with Blender. Please download the latest version of Blender at blender.org.
- If you haven't already, follow the legendary Blender Donut Tutorial by Andrew Price (blenderguru).
- Lazy Tutorials by Ian Hubert is an amazing (and funny) resource.
- Join the community and start building!