Workshop — 2022-05-04
Location: K.03.08 — 14:00 - 17:00
Sint Lucas / Code Space has a new acquisition: its own laser cutter! We could already use the Fablab of the KdG in Hoboken, but now we have our own medium format laser cutter.
This is the Beambox Pro. With it you can cut and engrave in wood (full wood or MDF), paper/cardboard, leather, fabric and acrylic. More information can be found here:
We've planned two introduction sessions to start laser cutting:
- Wednesday, May 4, between 14:00-17:00
- Thursday 12 May, between 14:00-17:00
Bring your own design (bitmap or vectors), and then you can already do a test. We provide the wood!
- Understand the principles of laser cutting.
- Get to know the Beam Studio software.
- Grasp the safety concepts around laser cutting.
- Be able to distinguish between cutting and engraving and know when to apply which.
Bring your own design (vector or bitmap) if you want to cut something. We expect a number of students, so make your design small enough (ideally less than 10x10cm).
To ensure your spot:
Make a reservation below. Indicate which date you want to follow (May 4 or May 12).