Workshop — 2022-10-19
Location: K.03.08 — 14:00 - 17:00
Get to know the laser cutter at Sint Lucas / Code Space: the awesome Beambox Pro. With it you can cut and engrave in wood (full wood or MDF), paper/cardboard, leather, fabric and acrylic. More information can be found here:
Bring your own design (bitmap or vectors), and then you can already do a test. We provide the wood!
- Understand the principles of laser cutting.
- Get to know the Beam Studio software.
- Grasp the safety concepts around laser cutting.
- Be able to distinguish between cutting and engraving and know when to apply which.
Bring your own design (vector or bitmap) if you want to cut something. We expect a number of students, so make your design small enough (ideally less than 10x10cm).
- Watch an introduction on laser cutting / engraving.
- Understand the Beam Studio software.
- Check out the Fablab of the KdG in Hoboken, where they have a large-format laser cutter in addition to other digital fabrication tools.