Synth Design Crash Course
Workshop — 2022-12-14
Location: K.01.14 — 10:00-17:00
We're very happy to host a guest workshop by Roey Tsemah, founder of the Synthux Academy, a community of DIY musicians and synth designers.
This is a hands-on workshop on synth design and development using the Simple Synth DIY kit and Daisy Seed microcontroller. Learn how to synthesize, design and program your first synthesizer and continue developing your instrument long after the workshop with video courses and community support.
- Fundamentals of sound design with VCV Rack
- Fundamentals of interface design
- Soldering basics
- Getting started with Arduino synth programming and Daisy Seed
- There is a limited amount of places available for this workshop. If you want to participate, please fill out the form below.
- We don't require special knowledge on electronics or programming.
- If you registered we'll send you a page with preparation instructions. Make sure to do these before the workshop!
- You'll design and prototype your own synthesizer using the Simple Synth DIY kit and Daisy Seed microcontroller.
- We can't provide the kits for free, but you can buy a synth kit for a heavily reduced price after the workshop.
- 10:00 Explaining the kit
- 10:30 Introduction to sound design
- 11:00 Playing with VCV rack
- 12:00 Break
- 13:00 Soldering the microcontroller pins, a knob and a socket
- 14:00 Running some example code and learning how it works
- 15:00 Experimentation and troubleshooting
- Join the Synthux community on Discord.
- Learn more about synthesis by exploring VCV Rack.
- Learn more about hardware hacking by checking out Arduino and the Daisy Seed.
To ensure enough room for every student, we ask that you reserve your spot
in the workshop by registering.
Email email@example.com if you want to change your reservation.