Blender Geometry Nodes
Workshop — 2023-11-22
Location: K.02.03 — 14:00-17:00
By using geometry and shader nodes it's possible to generate a lot of variations of different materials, motion and shapes.
We're super excited to be hosting a workshop with Kris Meeusen, a digital artist and designer from Antwerp, Belgium. Kris has been creating digital, interactive installations for more than 10 years. Kris also shares his knowledge and passion as a teacher of interaction design at the Academy of Fine Arts in Antwerp.
You can find some of Kris' work on his Instagram.
- Learn the basics of "parametric modeling" — not using a fully modeled object, but using a set of rules to generate a model.
- Learn how to use instancing — starting from a basic object, then adding tons of complexity to it.
- Quickly iterate on your design ideas by helping the system guide your creative process.
- Understand how to light, composite and render a geometry nodes animation.
- We expect people to have a basic understanding of Blender; either because you followed our Blender introduction workshop, or followed online tutorials on your own — like the Blender Donut Tutorial.
- Please bring your own laptop for hands-on exercises.
Direct links to Blender downloads:
There are tons of good resources on Geometry Nodes. Look at the following YouTube/Vimeo channels: