Workshop — 2023-10-04
Location: K.03.08 — 10:00 - 17:00
Get to know the laser cutter at Sint Lucas / Code Space: the awesome Beambox Pro. With it you can cut and engrave in wood (full wood or MDF), paper/cardboard, leather, fabric and acrylic. More information can be found here:
The workshop consists of two parts:
- Morning (10:00-12:30): We will go through the basics of laser, cutting and engraving, and the Beam Studio software.
- Afternoon (14:00-17:00): You can bring your own design and we will help you cut or engrave it. We provide the wood! (MDF 3mm)
- Understand the principles of laser cutting.
- Get to know the Beam Studio software.
- Grasp the safety concepts around laser cutting.
- Be able to distinguish between cutting and engraving and know when to apply which.
Bring your own design (vector or bitmap) if you want to cut something. We expect a number of students, so make your design small enough (ideally less than 10x10cm).
Students are required to pay for the available MDF material used in their projects. Of course, you're free to bring your own material.